Sunday, September 7, 2008

Labor Day Weekend!

Labor Day Weekend! Well it went by fast. I don't have any pictures because James had the camera in NY with him. James went to a friends wedding in Long Island over Labor Day weekend. I didn't get to go because I was too pregnant to fly! SO Alex and I spent the long weekend in Enid with my parents and Jame's parents.

We drove up on Thursday after I finally convinced Alex that big boys that get Popsicles put their pull up and cloths on. Yeah that was like a 20 min. fight and even grandma Pat could not convince him over the phone. Finally he was dressed and we got on the road. We had an awesome time swimming with grandma Pat and playing pirates in the pool! You would not believe how great a pool feels to a very pregnant women also. Oh my gosh it felt so good to my poor hips and legs!

Friday grandma Carolyn took off of work and we hung out at her house and didn't do much of anything. We played in her little pool and had a great time! It was a great relaxing day!

Saturday we spent the afternoon with grandma Pat and grandpa Jerry (James parents for those that don't know) at their house. Alex had an awesome time playing in the pool again with grandpa Jerry! Afterward we hung out in their awesome flower garden that they just did. Grandpa caught a frog that the dogs found and Alex got to hold and touch it. Alex loved helping grandma fix her rock path that leads to a decorative screen door in the corner of the garden, and playing the the wind chimes in the tree.

Saturday night we went out to eat with grandma Carolyn and grandpa Verlin (my parents for those that don't know). After eating we went down to Meadowlake park where the Kiwanis Club has some rides. Alex road on the Merry Go Round, the Looper planes, and the train. Alex loves the train the best and they have an awesome train that takes you across a couple of bridges and through a dark scary tunnel! Afterwards we stopped and Braum's and had ice cream!

Sunday morning was a little crazy. My parents let me sleep in all weekend which I am so grateful for. After I got up I went outside to find everyone. I guess my dad had found a couple of wasp nests up on my grandma's porch and killed them. Nobody goes up on the porch very often since grandma passed last year (she lived next door). Well grandpa told Alex not to go back up there, but when I came out there he went up there anyways and was shaking a little plastic table. Well unfortunately there was another nest under that table and they weren't too happy with Alex. He got stung twice on the ankle, once on his thigh through his PJ bottoms and once on the hand. Alex was screaming blood murder as grandpa grabbed him and ran him out of there. He was saying I'm sorry grandpa over and over because he grandpa had told him not to go up there. Poor kid was such a big boy though. After grandpa put some stuff on the stings to help with the pain he was pretty well ok. Grandma and I put him the the bathtub and he played in there for a long time, when we finally made him get out the swelling from the stings had already gone away mostly and Alex had mostly forgotten about the stings too. Later we walked up the the store and grandma had given Alex some money so he got to buy himself a bag of M&M's. It was so cute watching him put his money up there for the cashier. It was his first experience paying for something himself and receiving change.

Sunday afternoon we also went down the street to see great grandma Mary and great grandpa Harry. Alex had a great time playing the the toys they had and eating the cookie great grandma had for him. I had a great time catching up with my grandparents!

Finally we came home on Sunday and I was thankful to be home. I am so grateful to my parents and James parents for helping me out with Alex while James was gone. I know it was such an awful task and all for you guys haha. We love you all!

Monday was spent relaxing and then picking up daddy at the airport at 1:00. Alex was SO excited that daddy was home and wouldn't let him out of his site! I'll have to ask James what he did with the camera so I can get some recent picture of Alex and a recent shot of my belly. We only have a couple more weeks until the baby is here!!! He due on Sept. 24. Thursday at my Dr. appt. I was 2cm dilated and 75% effaced! Wow long post! Hopefully most of it makes since, I typed it pretty fast!